How was I feeling as I prepared to depart for the U.S.? How am I feeling now?
I supposed this trip to be a pivotal moment in my life and it turned out to be so. I feel full of energy to study, work and develop professional skills further. Moreover, I determine one industry which I want to work in. That was part of my main goal.
What do I like best about my new community?
Speaking about my group mates, it’s incredibly cool to hang out with people who more likely will be my colleagues. I appreciate this opportunity to share the experience with guys on the same wavelength.
What are some similarities and differences I’ve noticed between the U.S. and Russian life?
- Our countries both appreciate family values.
- We worry about our education and medicine systems.
- The idea of appearance and nice clothes more often preoccupies the mind of Russian girls.
- Russian people get and spend a much smaller amount of money. I mean we accurately spend them not wasting as Americans do.
- There is no doubt that we have different rights and duties (LGBTQ, same-sex couples, drugs, taxes)
- We do not talk to strangers outdoors as easy as they do
What have I learned so far from the people I’ve met?
Reputation is the most important thing for a journalist. One TV host said to us that when we were on WCAX3 channel.
What am I looking forward to? What am I concerned about?
I have no concern. I only hope to get maximum from rest of the trip.